Powershop logo

New South Wales Concessions

To be eligible for rebates in New South Wales you must be a Powershop account holder, along with the criteria listed below. If you’re not a principle resident of New South Wales, click on your state below:

To be eligible for rebates in New South Wales you must be a Powershop account holder and:

  • have a principal place of residence in New South Wales (you may only claim a concession for your principal place of residence, which is deemed to be the address on your concession card); and

  • not be seeking the concession in respect of a commercial property (ie the energy account must be for residential use only).

Some New South Wales concession rebates also require the applicant to hold one of the following valid concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA);

  • Commonwealth Health Care Card issued by Centrelink; or

  • DVA Gold Card (GCH).

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC) for the Senior’s Energy Rebate only.

The following cards are not eligible for energy concessions:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Card

  • Seniors Card

  • Careers Allowance (CA) Health Care Card

  • Foster Care (FC) Health Care Card

  • Veterans Affairs White Card for Specific Conditions

  • Veterans Affairs Gold Card Dependent

Any additional eligibility requirements associated with a particular rebate are detailed below.

To register your concession card, please fill out your concession details here.

Please note, the information provided on this page is current as at 24 Feb 2022. We take reasonable steps to keep this information up to date, however you can always confirm the information applicable to your circumstances through the relevant government website

Concessions and Rebates