We know there’s been lots of messages around COVID-19, but we take our role as your energy provider very seriously. Read a message from our CEO Jason Stein to our customers, partners and community. We will continue to provide updates on this page as the situation develops and changes.
Our commitment to powering Aussie households and small business.
We know every situation will be different, so we have a number of ways we can help and assist with changes in your circumstances from 1 March or as a result of COVID-19. We also have long-held practices and policies in place that enable us to provide flexible financial assistance to individuals and businesses in times of need.
If you are financially impacted by COVID-19
The first thing you should do is get in touch with us early. We have your back and are ready to help for however long it takes.
For eligible residential and business customers some of the options available which will help give you peace of mind include:
- Access to government grants and concessions for any eligible customers
- Flexible and extended payment terms and arrangements
- Tailored payment plans
- Access to our relief offers
- Access to additional government and non- government assistance programs
- Information and tools to assist you in lowering your energy costs
For customers that may have been experiencing difficulties prior to the current COVID – 19 crisis our established Powershop Hardship Program will be best for you.
Working from home or self-isolating
If you, like many of the Powershop team, are working remotely, or if you are in self-isolation, your energy usage is likely to change. Our usage tools are available to help you manage these changes.
- Make sure you have the Powershop app downloaded so you can track your usage daily to manage your costs and your usage behaviours. You can also use the online tools available in your account.
- If you don’t have a smart meter you can get in touch or send us a request and we can help with that too (often for free), and in the meantime enter your meter readings on your app. A smart meter will give you intervals of 30-minute data to keep you across your home usage.