If you have solar energy and you’re looking for a better electricity company, you’ve come to the right place.
Solar energy customers at Powershop get great rates, great discounts and a great Feed-in Tariff.
If you have solar energy and sign up to Powershop, you’ll get all the things that make Powershop a better power company.
Power from Australia’s Greenest Power Company.
We only sell 100% accredited carbon neutral energy – at no extra cost. Thanks to our customers, we facilitate community energy projects around Australia, and our parent company Meridian Energy operates two wind farms in Victoria and South Australia and three hydro stations in NSW. Meridian Energy is a 100% renewable generator, and will stay that way.
A fair deal.
We reward customers for their loyalty and give them a fair deal.
Better experience all round.
We’ve created a suite of tools – including the Powershop app – that means customers can pay on the go, keep an eye on their half hourly usage (you’ll need a smart meter for this – we can help with that too), and a bunch of other cool things. And if you ever have to get in touch with us, you can chat to our super friendly team on the phone, or online through our social media pages. We’re always here to help.
Solar Energy FAQs
Solar Feed-in Tariff and solar rates
- How and when do customers receive feed-in rebates?
- The total value of a customer’s export solar generation will appear as a credit in their Powershop account once a month and can be used to purchase power in the Shop. This will be included in the monthly Powershop bill and available for use once the review has been issued.
- Are solar credits refundable?
- Generally, providing we have a verified read from a meter, solar customers can request to be refunded for the credit in their account from solar generation at any time. To apply for a refund, solar customers can call us on 1800 462 668 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to buy the Power Saver even when my account is in credit?
- Yes. To receive the Power Saver discount and other discount Powerpacks, solar customers need to purchase sufficient Powerpacks on time to cover their monthly usage. If customers don’t purchase any discounted Powerpacks, we will automatically purchase the Auto Pay pack at bill time.
- Do solar customers get different energy rates and discounts to non-solar customers?
- Solar customers pay the same rates and receive the same discounts as non-solar customers. Remember, our discounts apply to the whole bill; usage and daily charges. To view Powershop’s prices click here.
- I’m already a Powershop customer and I just had solar installed. How do I make sure I’m getting my feed-in tariff?
- Congrats on your new solar system! So we can make sure you’re all good to receive your feed-in tariff, give us a call on 1800 462 668.
- Can Powershop support solar customers with basic meters?
- Yes, we can service customers with basic meters. Bills will be based on estimated readings in between actual quarterly meter reads from your meter. You can also get a free (in most cases) smart meter from us! Head here and fill out the form.
- Does Powershop support gross metering?
- Powershop does support solar installations that are configured with a Gross Meter in NSW. Gross Metering does not apply in South East Queensland, Victoria or South Australia.
- What is the difference between net and gross solar metering?
- Net Metering allows solar customers to be paid for any excess generation that has not been consumed in the household first. Gross Metering means all of the solar generation is exported straight to the grid and solar customers are paid for all of their solar generation.
- Can solar customers with a basic meter enter their own meter reads?
- Yes. Customers can manually enter meter usage reads themselves.
- Can solar customers with basic meters enter their own feed-in reads?
- Yes. Powershop customers with basic meters can enter their own feed-in reads. Until we’ve got a verified reading for your feed-in meter we’re not able to pay you for your feed-in. So you can get your rebate sooner, we recommend looking into getting a free (in most cases) smart meter. Read more here.
Data and insights
- Where can I see my monthly generation?
- Details of feed-in and export generation can be found on the monthly Powershop bill email under “Usage.” This amount is based on either a verified read from your meter, or for customers with basic meters, estimation. Powershop will also issue a credit note detailing your solar rebate amount. You can also find detailed info on your solar export in the Feed-in Patterns in your online account here, and under the solar insights tab on the Powershop app.
- Can solar customers use Powershop's usage tools?
- Solar customers with smart meters can view their consumption and export under the Usage section of their online account. When the solar installation is generating and fully powering the home the Solar Heat Map will appear black (as usage during this time does not register on your smart meter). You can also find your daily and half hourly export under the solar insights tab of the Powershop app.