What is Life Support?
If anyone at the property has life support equipment, please contact us to register the details as soon as possible. Registering your home or business as requiring life support is important so we can apply life support protections.
By registering the life support equipment, we’ll make sure you’re kept up-to-date on any retailer planned energy supply interruptions. That means you’ll receive life support protections, including at least four business days’ prior written notice of retailer or distributor planned outages If you’ve already registered with your distributor, they’ll let us know. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
How to register?
- Please call us on 1800 462 668 (Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm AEST)
- We will provide you with key information on the medical confirmation process, including the life support equipment medical confirmation form.
- You will need to return your medical confirmation form to us by post or email.
Fax: 1800 881 158
Post: Powershop Australia
GPO Box 1639
Melbourne, Vic, 3001
To be eligible for life support protection and to be registered as a life support customer with us, you or someone at your property must rely on at least one of the following:
- oxygen concentrator
- intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- kidney dialysis machine
- chronic positive airway pressure respirator
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- a ventilator for life support (also known as a respirator)
- any other equipment (fuelled by electricity or gas) that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support
If you have any questions about life support equipment, please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 1800 462 668, Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm AEST.
Planned/Unplanned power outages
There can be situations when a planned power outage is necessary for maintenance or upgrades. If you’ve let us know that someone at the property requires life support equipment, your distributor or us will inform you in writing ahead of any planned outage.
Preparing for a power outage
Whether an outage is planned or unplanned, we recommend that you’re always ready with an action plan to ensure your life support machine operates normally.
Here’s a list of some practical advice:
- Keep a source of a backup power system ready for your life support machine, such as a battery or a generator.
- Regularly check the back-up battery of your life support equipment to ensure it is fully charged.
- Make sure you have important and up-to-date information on hand such as; your doctor’s name and contact details, friends and family contact details, nearest hospital, and the name and contact details of your emergency contact person(s).
- Have a clear plan of what you would do if you lose energy supply for an extended period.
What if there is a Power Outage?
If you are a Powershop life support customer experiencing a power outage and the situation is life threatening, please call 000 immediately and request an ambulance.
If the situation is non-life threatening or an ambulance is not required, please call your local electricity network distributor’s Faults and Outages line immediately.
Faults & Outages
|Powercor Australia||Western suburbs and western Victoria||13 24 12|
|Ausnet Services||Outer northern and eastern suburbs and eastern Victoria||13 17 99|
|United Energy||Southern suburbs and Mornington peninsula||13 20 99|
|Citipower||City and inner suburbs||13 12 80|
|Jemena||Northern and north-western suburbs||13 16 26|
|Australian Gas Networks||North, north-east, and southeast of City||1800 427 532|
|Multinet||Southern and eastern areas of City, Yarra Ranges and towns in south Gippsland.||13 26 91|
Faults & Outages
|Endeavour Energy||Southern & western metropolitan Sydney and surrounds including the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra||13 10 03|
|Essential Energy||Country & regional NSW, southern regional QLD||13 20 80|
|Ausgrid||Inner, northern & eastern metropolitan Sydney and surrounds||13 13 88|
|Jemena Gas||Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong, as well to customers in more than 20 regional centres||13 19 09|
Our recent award. Take a look - we're not shy!
Winners of Roy Morgan’s Customer Satisfaction Awards 2019-2021.
One of our favourite awards from our trophy cabinet:
Postcode entered is outside Victoria.
Would you like to switch your search to New South Wales?