Find the answers to Powershop’s frequently asked questions.

Joining Powershop

Powershop is currently available in New South Wales, South East Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.

Yes, please give the team a call on 1800 728 197 or email business.sales@powershop.com.au.

We offer gas in Victoria and NSW. We’re not offering gas in South East QLD or South Australia yet, but drop us a line here and we’ll let you know if that plan changes.

Yes, Powershop supports solar for both residential and commercial customers. Read more.

Yes, you can switch to Powershop if you are moving to a new property. When you sign up online, select the option ‘I’m planning to move to a new house soon (and want to set up Powershop for my new house)’. You can give us the details of the property you are moving to and your move in date as part of the signup process. If you’re currently a Powershop customer and moving house see How do I move house with Powershop.

Yes, you can switch to Powershop if you have been disconnected or there is no supply to your house at the moment. We will arrange for your power to be connected, but a reconnection fee may be charged. However, if you have been disconnected because of an outstanding amount with your existing retailer, they may not allow you to switch until the payment is cleared.

If anyone at the property has life support equipment, please contact us to register the details as soon as possible. Registering your home or business as requiring life support is important so we can apply life support protections.

By registering the life support equipment, we’ll make sure you’re kept up-to-date on any retailer planned energy supply interruptions. That means you’ll receive life support protections, including at least four business days’ prior written notice of retailer or distributor planned outages. If you’ve already registered with your distributor, they’ll let us know. Click here for more information or call us on 1800 462 668 (Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm AEST).

You can switch by signing up online, it takes less than 5 minutes. All you’ll need is your preferred payment details (credit card or bank account). It’ll typically take between 3 – 4 weeks to switch your supply in South East Queensland, Victoria and South Australia. In New South Wales it could take a little longer. We’ll update you via e-mail as your switch progresses.

No, unless your property requires substantial work or an after-hours or same day re-connection or a new meter installation. (Special fees do apply in these situations and we will advise you of the costs in advance).

No, your power won’t be cut off (unless your current supplier has already informed you of disconnection because of outstanding payment). Switching to Powershop just involves the transfer of information. We won’t be touching any equipment affecting your supply.

To ensure we can automatically top up your account if you forget or don’t get around to buying power we need to set up a preferred default payment method of either a credit, debit card or bank account details. Direct Debit: By entering your bank account details you are giving us permission to take money out of your account to pay for your power. In addition to ensure that we have the correct bank account details Powershop has a Direct Debit Confirmation Process that works in three steps: We deduct $1 by direct debit from your allocated bank account and include a five-character confirmation code in the reference field. This is to test that we have the right account number for you. We credit the $1 to your Powershop account for future use, and email you with a link to confirm your direct debit. To set up your direct debit check your bank statement, find the five-character code, click on the link in the email and enter the code to confirm we can activate your direct debit.

Our recent award. Take a look - we're not shy!

Winners of Roy Morgan’s Customer Satisfaction Awards 2019-2021.

One of our favourite awards from our trophy cabinet:

Roy Morgan 2021 award

Postcode information

Postcode entered is outside Victoria.

Would you like to switch your search to New South Wales?