South Australia

To be eligible for any of these concessions (other than the emergency electricity payment scheme, see below) you must be a resident of South Australia, and hold one of the following eligible cards or receive one of the following eligible payments. If not a resident of South Australia, click on your state below:

Eligible cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs:
    • marked as totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI), extreme disablement adjustment (EDA), or war widow; or
    • issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
  • Low Income Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

Eligible Centrelink or government payments:

  • JobSeeker
  • Widow Allowance
  • Youth Allowance
  • Partner Allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
  • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
  • Austudy
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand.

Any additional eligibility requirements associated with a particular concession type are detailed below.

Concessions and Rebates

Eligibility: Eligible customers on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence. For more information about energy concession eligibility, please visit the South Australian Government website.

Benefit: The concession amount is indexed each financial year. For 2022-23, you may be eligible to receive up to $241.63 to cover both electricity and gas payments (including LPG bottled gas). If approved, your energy concession will be applied directly to your electricity bills.

How to apply
To apply for the energy concession, you can:

  • complete the South Australian Government household concessions form online here; or
  • download the form (or contact ConcessionsSA on 1800 307 758 or concessions@sa.gov.au and request that the form be sent to you) and return the completed and signed form by email to concessions@sa.gov.au or by post (no postage stamp required) to:
    • ConcessionsSA
    • Reply Paid 292,
    • Adelaide SA 5001

The Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme (EEPS) provides assistance to households who are experiencing significant financial difficulties or who are at risk of electricity disconnection. EEPS is only accessible through financial counsellors and can only be accessed once every three years.

For further information, visit the South Australian Government website or call the National Debt Hotline on 1800 007 007.

Eligibility: The Medical Heating and Cooling concession assists customers on a fixed or low income who have a clinically verified medical condition which requires frequent heating or cooling at their property.

Benefit: The concession is indexed each financial year and is currently $241.63 per year for 2022-23. The concession applies in addition to the energy concession.

For further information on the scheme, please call ConcessionsSA on 1300 735 350 or visit the South Australian Government website.

The Government of South Australia also provides a range of other concessions and assistance programs, such as:

  • Cost of Living concession
  • Water and sewerage concession
  • Companion Card
  • GlassesSA

For a list of other concessions and programs, please visit the South Australian Government’s website.

Our recent award. Take a look - we're not shy!

Winners of Roy Morgan’s Customer Satisfaction Awards 2019-2021.

One of our favourite awards from our trophy cabinet:

Roy Morgan 2021 award

Postcode information

Postcode entered is outside Victoria.

Would you like to switch your search to New South Wales?