Joining Powershop Australia Pty Ltd’s (Powershop) VPP program [the program] is subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you join [the program] you will be deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
A VPP is a system that links and connects different types of distributed energy resources including solar panels and battery storage systems. Powershop agrees to pay you for allowing us to access and control your battery storage system at agreed times.
To be eligible for [the program], you must:
- have a functional solar and battery storage system installed at a premise in Victoria, South East Queensland, South Australia or New South Wales where Powershop is the financially responsible market participant (FRMP) for the supply of electricity to that premise;
- have battery storage technology that complies with the VPP platform software (the Platform) that Powershop is using to connect to and control your battery storage system;
- have agreed to the Platform’s terms and conditions of service; and
- have a smart meter (it is preferred that you are on a time-of-use tariff).
3. Control and Management
You agree to:
- Powershop controlling and managing your battery storage system for the purpose of [the program];
- Powershop changing the incentive structure of [the program] from time to time. If Powershop does change the incentive structure we will notify you in writing. The incentive structure will be available at https://www.powershop.com.au/p/chargeforce.
You understand that:
- as part of operating the VPP, Powershop may at its discretion charge and discharge your battery storage system;
- when Powershop discharges energy from your battery storage system the energy may be used at your premises or exported to the national electricity market (NEM);
- you will receive Powershop’s feed-in rate applicable to your energy offer for all energy that is discharged from your battery storage system and exported to the NEM;
- if Powershop charges your battery storage system as part of the operation of the VPP and energy is pulled from the NEM to fill your battery, the energy that was pulled from the NEM will be charged to you at the applicable energy rates as per your energy offer; and
- Powershop may, at its discretion, engage a third party to carry out any of its obligations under this agreement which may include, but not be limited to, the operation of the Program.
You must ensure that:
- your solar and battery storage system is well maintained and operating in a fully functional manner; and
- to the extent that it is within your control, your battery inverter is connected to the internet at all times. If your battery inverter is not connected to the internet your battery system will not be able to receive instruction to charge or discharge.
4. Provision of Service
- This agreement operates in conjunction with Powershop’s Customer Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to make available to Powershop or consent to us obtaining, information relating to the amount of electricity stored in your battery system, generated from your solar panels, discharged from your battery and any other information needed for Powershop to carry out the services described in this agreement.
- Your incentive for participating in [the program] will be credited to you as a Powershop discount on your Powershop electricity bill.
This agreement will terminate in the event that:
- Powershop is no longer FRMP at the premise where your battery system is installed;
- you notify Powershop in writing at [email address] that you wish to terminate this agreement; or
- Powershop ceases to offer [the program] to customers.
6. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Powershop be held liable to you for any damage, claim or loss arising directly or indirectly from your participation in the program.