Acceptance of conditions
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
Restrictions on entry
2. Entry is open only to Powershop Australia customers over the age of 18 who have an active property at the time of the Competition closing, excluding directors, management, officers and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management, officers and employees) of Powershop, of Powershop’s related corporations, of Powershop’s advertising and sales promotion agencies or of any other agencies or entities associated with this competition ("Eligible Entrant/s").
Duration of competition
3. The competition opens at midnight on 1 November 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on Friday 30 November 2018 ("Competition Period").
Method of Entry
4. To enter, you must, during the Competition Period;
a. be a Powershop customer with at least one active property; and
b. purchased the Competition Powerpack via the Powershop app.
c. have downloaded the Powershop app via the App Store or Google Play; and
5. Each Eligible Entrant may only enter this competition once. All entries must be received by Powershop during the Competition Period.
6. Entries not fully complying with these conditions of entry may be deemed invalid at Powershop’s discretion.
7. If Eligible Entrants switch one person (via Switch Your Mates) to Powershop during the Competition Period, they will receive an additional ten entries in this competition. These additional entries will be applied to Eligible Entrants by Powershop if the referral switches to Powershop before competition closure at 11:59pm on Friday 30 November 2018. There is only one switch (via Switch Your Mates) for an additional ten entries permitted per Eligible Entrant.
8. One Eligible Entrant will be selected at random from all Eligible Entries received during the Competition Period to win the Prize as set out in clause 12 below ("Winner").
9. The Winner will be drawn at 1pm, Monday 3 December 2018.
10. An entrant agrees that Powershop may, in the event the entrant is a Winner, publish or cause to be published the Winner's name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant State or Territory lottery legislation.
12. The Winner will choose to receive either an Apple iPhone Xs valued at AUD$1,629 RRP or a Samsung Galaxy S9 valued at AUD$1,199 RRP (“Prize”).
13. The Winner must, at Powershop’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the Prize, free of charge, and they consent to Powershop using their name and image in promotional material.
Notification of winners
14. The Winner will be notified via phone and email Monday 3 December 2018.
15. The results of this competition including the Winner’s name will be published on the Powershop blog after the draw on Monday 3 December 2018.
16. Powershop may require the winner to provide proof of identify and proof of age. Identification considered suitable for verification is at Powershop’s discretion.
Disqualification of entries
17. Powershop may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person.
18. Powershop may in its absolute discretion cancel the Prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of the Prize to the Winner if the Winner, in the opinion of Powershop, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of Powershop or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
Changes in prize value
19. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If for any reason the Winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by Powershop then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. Powershop accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value. Where a Prize or an element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, Powershop may substitute for that Prize or that element another item of equal or higher value as determined by Powershop.
20. The Prize must be claimed by 5:00pm on 4 January 2019. If the Prize remains unclaimed by that date, that Winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and Powershop reserves the right to select an alternate winner in accordance with clause 8 in order to distribute the Prize.
Exclusion of liability
21. Without limiting the previous paragraph, Powershop and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage or delay in transit to the Prize.
Problems affecting competition
22. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of Powershop, Powershop may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
Facebook and Social Media Statement
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and / or any other social media site(s). The entrant releases Facebook from all liability in relation to the promotion. The entrant is providing information to the promoter and not to Facebook.
25. Powershop Australia Pty Ltd (Powershop), ABN 41 154 914 075, of 357 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.